- Make sure your audience knows you need them.
- Look for ways to use these 9 adjectives to describe your donors: kind, caring, compassionate, helpful, friendly, fair, hard-working, generous, honest.
- Donor communications are about how great the donor is and favor the pronoun “you.”
- Be simple.
- Stop over-explaining.
- Connect with the reader’s pre-existing values and experiences.
- Offer donors a chance to do important and exclusive good.
- Love your donors.
- A picture is worth a thousand words. (The right picture, that is.)
- You cannot flatter your donors too much.
- Use 14-point type.
- Printed newsletters, done properly, can raise astounding amounts of money.
That’s almost everything you need to know to write great fundraising.